Today from 8 AM, the Head of State Kassym-Zhomart Tokayev announced a state of emergency in the country in order to ensure the safety of the population of the Republic of Kazakhstan until 7 AM on the April 15th, 2020.
This emergency is associated with the World Health Organization's announcement of the new coronavirus COVID-19 as a pandemic, in order to protect the lives and health of citizens.
The following measures and time limits are introduced:
1️⃣ Strengthened protection of public order, especially important state and strategic objects, restricted premises, as well as facilities ensuring the living conditions of the population and the functioning of transport;
2️⃣ The work of large objects of trade is limited;
3️⃣ The work of shopping and entertainment centers, cinemas, theaters, exhibitions and other objects with a large crowd of people has been suspended;
4️⃣ Quarantine has been introduced, large-scale sanitary and anti-epidemic measures are being carried out, including with the participation of structural units of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Kazakhstan and internal affairs agencies operating in the field of sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population;
5️⃣ Mass events are prohibited;
6️⃣ During the state of emergency, a restriction has been imposed on the entry-exit regime across the state border of citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan and foreigners.
The ban touched all mass cultural and festive events, as well as major conferences, seminars, and exhibitions.
❌ Canceled events:
- Business Education Forum planned on 19th of March;
- 12th WTO Ministerial Conference planned on June 8-11, 2020;
- Astana Economic Forum (as part of the WTO Ministerial Conference).
- Eurasian Book Fair - 2020 (to April 22-26);
- International Real Estate Exhibition STROY BUSINESS EXPO (preliminary 5-6th of June);
- Exhibition Automechanika Astana (licensed by Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH) (dates to be confirmed)
- Exhibition Futuroad Expo Astana (dates to be confirmed);
- International student hackathon HackNU (Fall 2020);
- XV International Business Conference: HR for Leadership (to September 24-25);
- MINEX Kazakhstan Forum (to November 2020);
- SOC-Forum (to April 2021);
- VI International Exhibition of Arms and Technologies KADEX 2020 (to June 10-13, 2021).
To date, nine cases of coronavirus infection are known in Kazakhstan.